Happy hump day!
Here are some facts on foods which I bet you didn’t know about:
- Blueberries help your brain stay young because they are high in flavanoid (compound found in fruits and vegetables) which is a super effective antioxidant.
- Grapes will help keep your skin looking young because they are high in resveratol, a powerful anti-inflammatory and a protector against UV radiation. Go ahead, drink some wine too, same effects!
- Barley is a great belly blaster as study shows that non-refined whole grains (quinoa, amaranth too) help reducing belly fat.
- Black beans are rich in fibers and will help protect against colon cancer as the fibers speed up digestion and eliminate carcinogens.
- Flaxseed help reduce cholesterol as it is packed with Omega 3 that help fight plaque buildup
- Hard cheeses will be packed with calcium and therefore help keep your bones strong and protect against osteoporosis.
- Broccoli (come on it’s not that bad) is in the cruciferous vegetable family full of phytonutrients that decrease inflammation and help protect against cancer (lung, stomach)
- Apples are packed with fiber and pectin that helps reduce cholesterol.
- Ginger is high in antioxidants and a great anti inflammatory that will help relieve muscle soreness pains. Against popular belief, it is not proven to enhance sexual performance sorry everyone!
Ciao for now!