As you already know, we are running an goal crushing event on Facebook.
My week 1 goal was to attend my very first spin class and I did that yesterday!
It was totally awesome, I got my butt kicked and it is sure sore this morning!
Now time to set up a new goal for week 2!
Let’s call it ABDO INFERNO lol
I will do this routine once a day for 5 days, wish me luck!!
We all know that abs are made mostly in the kitchen and you need to lose body fat before you can even begin to see a little bit of abs so make sure that you have a healthy diet as doing this workout ALONE WILL NOT give you a perfect 6 packs!
If you need help on losing belly fat read this..
ABDO INFERNO ROUTINE: 30 reps repeat routine twice!
- SPIDERMAN PLANK CRUNCHES 15 reps each leg
Target: obliques, balance, stability
- Being in a plank position,on the hands and toes. Make sure the hips are down and the back is flight while bracing your abs.
- Lift the left leg, bend the knee and bring it in towards your left elbow without moving the rest of the body.
- Take the left leg back and then bring the right knee in towards the right elbow, once again, keeping the body in the same position.
- SHOULDER TAP PLANK 15 reps each hand
Target: balance, stability, core, shoulders
- Get into a push-up position with your hands shoulder-width apart on the floor and your feet apart wider than your hips for better balance
- Keeping your hips square to the floor, lift your right hand and tap your left shoulder.
- Return to start and repeat with the other arm
Remember to shift your weight slightly from one side to the other as you are alternating hands.
- BICYCLE CRUNCH 30 reps meaning 1 left and 1 right counts as one!
Target: Rectus abdominus, obliques
- Lie face up on your mat and place your hands behind your head, lightly supporting it with your fingers.
- Bring the knees in to the chest and lift the shoulder blades off the floor without pulling on the neck.
- Rotate to the left, bringing the right elbow towards the left knee as you straighten the other leg.
- Switch sides, bringing the left elbow towards the right knee.
FUN FUN FUN!
ARE YOU ABS ON FIRE ALREADY???
- SIDE PLANK HIP DIPS 15 reps on each side
TARGET: abs, lower back, obliques, shoulders
1. Lie on your left side with your feet stacked on top of one another, with your left elbow under your shoulder, and your right hand on your hip.
2. Press into left forearm and raise your left hip and thigh off the ground.
3. Lower your hips without touching the floor then lift again.
4. Repeat 15 times on left side than switch side
5. Repeat 15 times on right side
TOUGH ONE BUT YOU CAN DO IT…GIVE YOURSELF A BREAK WHILE SWITCHING SIDES
- V-UPS 30 REPS
TARGET: upper and middle part of the abs, core, flexibility
- Lie down on a flat surface or mat.
- Start with your legs straight, then come up.
- Touch your toes, and then let your torso fall back down.
- Bring your legs up into the air, touching your toes again.
This is an advanced core exercise:
Executing the V-Up with proper form is vital for maximizing abdominal strength. Sit tall on a mat with your feet flat on the floor in front of you. Pull your stomach in toward your spine and slide the shoulder blades down your back. Lean your torso slightly back, while keeping your back straight, and lift your feet toward the ceiling. Place your hands on the floor for support if necessary. Aim for straight legs, though do bend your knees if you start to sink into your lower back.
- WINDSHIELD WIPERS 30 reps
TARGET: core, abs, obliques
- Without forming an arch of your spine, lie down on an exercising mat.
- Make a “T” shape of your upper body by extending your arms sideways with your palms firmly fixed to the ground.
- Raise your legs in a manner that your legs and knees form a 90 degree angle with the each other.
- Raise your legs in an inclined/tilted manner such that both of your thighs are either touching each other or the lower one of them is touching the ground. Remember to exhale while you do this.
- Pausing for a while, flip to the other side.
- You complete one rep when you have finished doing the exercise on both the sides..yikes!
RUSSIAN TWISTS: 30 reps Use a dumbbell if you want to!
- Sit on the ground with your knees bent and your heels about a foot from your butt.
- Lean slightly back without rounding your spine at all. It is really important, and difficult, to keep your back straight, but don’t let it curve.
- Place your arms straight out in front of you with your hands one on top of the other. Your hands should be level with the bottom of your ribcage.
- Pull your navel to your spine and twist slowly to the left. The movement is not large and comes from the ribs rotating, not from your arms swinging. Inhale through center and rotate to the right. This completes one rep.
ABS ON FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- MOUNTAIN CLIMBERS 30 reps left and right leg makes a one count!
TARGET: CORE, SHOULDERS, QUADS, GLUTES, HAMSTRINGS
- Maintaining shoulder width apart distance, place your arms on the floor.
- Keep your legs and torso behind you with your toes touching the exercising floor.
- Let your weight be supported only by your hands and toes.
- Start by flexing your knee and raising it to make it reach under your hip.
- let your other leg be in the same extended position.
- Now use steps 4 and 5 for the extended leg and put back the flexed leg to the extended position.
- Repeat for completing your reps.
ALMOST THERE, STAY WITH ME…GET IN YOUR ZONE!!!!!
- PLANK JACKS 1 SET
TARGET: abs, shoulders, hip flexors, calves
- Begin in plank position, with your shoulders over your wrists, your body in one straight line, and your feet together.
- Like the motion of a jumping jack, jump your legs wide and then back together. Jump as quickly as you want, but keep your pelvis steady and don’t let your booty rise toward the ceiling.
- Do a total of 30 jumping jacks, which counts as one set.
- FLUTTER KICKS: 30 reps
TARGET: hip flexors
- Begin by lying on an exercise mat.
- Place your hands under your buttocks. This will help with leverage by reducing the load on the lumbar spine.
- Raise both legs approximately 15 to 20 inches off the floor.
- Contract your abs, then perform of series of alternating leg kicks (as if you are swimming in water).
- Try to keep your abs flexed during this exercise.
SAVE THIS EXERCISE FOR LAST AS YOUR ABS ARE FATIGUED AND THIS ONE TARGET YOUR HIP FLEXORS MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE.
REPEAT AND BE DONE!
CIAO FOR NOW!