We get it, your excuses for being unhealthy and overweight are real..You have kids, a job and too much time to spend on social media so you definitely cannot squeeze in an hour of exercise or cook healthy meals for your family…
You are not like theses other people, your excuses are real, you have to keep up with what your imaginary friends bathroom schedule!
On a more serious note, you don’t have to become a total health freak ninja to start living a better life and maybe not die of a heart attack when you turn 50.
- NO FAST FOOD EVER…Go to AA meeting if you have too, check yourself into rehab but NEVER EVER eat there again! It is not food! Repeat after me it is not food…you are eating all the dead animals left over that they don’t even want to use in dog/cat food. Read this
- Get up and move more! Set your timer for every hour and go for a short 5-10 minute walk while you are at work. At the end of the day, you would have walked 80 minutes without even thinking about the fact that you are walking!
- Eat more vegetables and fruits. You don’t like them or you don’t know how to cook them? Well you have options, buy the frozen bags, read how to and do it or hire a personal chef! You can also spend that precious social media time looking at recipes on the internet.
- Switch from soda to water and if you still can’t figure out why, read this!
- Start using healthy oils and real butter instead of margarine and vegetable oils.
- Eat more white meat and fish and less hamburgers!
- Stop drinking your calories and your energy! I get it, you are busy and you don’t have to squeeze oranges for a fresh juice but at least, stop using 5 packs of sugar and 10 creamers in every cup…It only takes 2 weeks for new habits to form, so hang tight and start drinking black coffee or switch to black/green tea. Oh and if you think an energy drink is not that bad, read this
- Spend quality time with your loved ones away from tv and computers.
- Play outside with your dog and kids
- Disconnect from your computer, phone, tablet etc…The world will not stop because you did not comment on the fact that your mother had a tooth pulled!
- Go to sleep early and get up early! We are way more productive in the morning.
- Take time for yourself!
Hope this helps you start living a better life today!
Make better choices everyday will lead to a longer, fuller, happier life and maybe one day you will get that gym membership, get that 6 pack, run that marathon…whatever it is that you would love to do but think you can’t.
“the man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones” Confucius
Ciao for now!