As you all know I am a fitness fanatic, food nazi, retired restaurant manager, French expat but most of all, I am a group fitness instructor and I love every minute of it!
I want to say a big thank you to all of you group fitness instructors out there that inspire me, move me, make me better and encourage me every day!
I enjoy your videos, photos, quotes and more and I know how hard you work!
We all love what we do, we love to inflict pain on other people lol
But most seriously here is the life of a group fitness instructor in a few words:
- We spend 5 to 20 hours per week smashing ourselves on stage for your enjoyment
- We spend countless hours practicing and rehearsing
- We spend tons of hours organizing schedules, buying new music because you want new songs every month, don’t you?
- We drive around all day from class to class and sometimes we can’t remember where we are supposed to be…
- We drive around the country for workshops and events to stay on top of things
- We are always learning new moves and skills to make you better
- We are constantly networking to find new classes and meet new awesome peeps!
- We spend a lot of brain cells trying to remember everybody’s names so please don’t be offended when we call you “hey you”
- We push you like you’ve never been pushed, right?
- We share our love for fitness and well being day and night, we dream about this stuff for real!
- We listen
- We know all about your family and your life struggles
- We give advice, share recipes, workouts…
- We spend extra time with you at the end of the class when all we feel like is going to bed after working out for hours that day
- We are always smiling even when we don’t feel like it
- We can’t hear anymore because the music is always so loud
- We have no voice 90% of the time because mics are always broken
- We share sweat cells and god know what else with each other when the mic works, ewwwww
- We work when we are sick because we can’t afford not to
- We don’t do it for the money, definitely not!
- We inspire you to be a better you!
- We are tired all the time
- We have barely any time to cook or eat but when we do, watch out!
- We do everything in our cars!
- We come home late and exhausted every night
- We shower 5 times a day
- We work holidays, days before holidays, days after holidays…
- We worry about you when you are not in class…
So please, do me a favor and next time you see you fitness instructor, just say “thank you” and give them a big hug,it will make their day!
Ciao for now!