I bet you wondered many times how you could eat a little healthier without spending too much money?
Well here is 10 basic easy steps for you to follow to start eating healthier today!
- Spend time and plan your week with recipes. Choose recipes that call for the same ingredients to reduce waste.
- Have a shopping list when hitting the store in order to reduce impulse buying. Use your phone apps like Food.com to help you stay organized, find recipes and make shopping lists.
- Use coupons and buy on sale items, meats and fish especially!
- Buy in bulk which is always cheaper. Store or freeze the rest.
- Avoid convenience items like frozen dinners, crackers and all things processed. Buy the ingredients and make it yourself.
- Choose store brands in order to reduce costs.
- Buy seasonal fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Buy frozen not in season fruits and vegetables.
- Spend one day cooking for the week so you are ready for busy nights!
- Do not shop when you are hungry, EVER! That’s how all the cookies end up in your cart!
Happy healthier eating!
Ciao for now!