Here is a great high intensity interval training workout to burn a max amount of calories
10 exercises repeated 3 times no rest in between
Round 1: 40 seconds work 20 seconds rest
Round 2: 30 seconds work 15 seconds rest
Round 3: 20 seconds work 10 seconds rest
Exercise 1: burpee to 4 mountain climbers
Exercise 2: push-up to side plank
Exercise 3: skater hops
Exercise 4: plank drag feet
Exercise 5: 4 high knees to 1 tuck jump
Exercise 6: 4 cross body mountain climbers 2 plank jacks
Exercise 7: burpee
Exercise 8: jump overs 2 jump lunges
Exercise 9: plank reach
Exercise 10: alternating toe touches
Ciao for now
Follow me Facebook and Instagram
Here is a quick tip to help you eat healthier.
Laying out your workout clothes at night for the next morning is a great visual reminder that you have a commitment to your exercise every day!
Do the same thing with your healthy foods, create visual reminders.
For example, leave a beautiful, colorful bowl of fruit on your counter instead of the fridge will help you achieve eating more fruits.
Research identified that healthy eating habits can be boosted simply by using the acronym CAN:
Convenient: Make your healthy foods easy to see, simple to reach and ready to eat
Attractive: Make your healthy foods look enticing by mixing colors, flavors and types
Normal: Make them the obvious choice in your kitchen
Start today and start eating healthier immediately!
Ciao for now!
Follow me Facebook Instagram
15 reps, repeat 3 times!
Great cardio too…
Blasting calories at the gym doing the right combination is imperative and so is a good nutrition plan in order to lose belly fat.
But did you know that adding these foods might help reduce belly fat?
Make sure to choose dark chocolate that has 70% or more cocoa which means less sugar and fat.
The healthy fats on the dark chocolate will prevent blood sugar spikes helping you burn fat more efficiently.
Peanut butter contains mononsaturated fats that promotes a healthy cardiovascular system and will keep you full longer. Some studies also suggests that peanut butter is a metabolism booster that keep you burning calories throughout the day.
Eggs have been shown to have important vitamins and minerals that regulate your hormones and are rich in protein. Add some healthy veggies and healthy fats like avocados and stay full longer.
Salmon has Omega-3 fatty acids that keep your hormones balanced, especially the weight regulating ones.
Omega-3 also contribute to blood sugar balance which keep belly fat away and may help break down the belly fat that you already have, that’s a WINNER.
According to studies by the University of Michigan, the chemicals (phenolic compounds) that give berries their beautiful colors also do a great job at eliminating belly fat..and they are delicious!
Avocados are rich in healthy fats that will keep you full longer, help regulate hormones and also fight inflammation (therefore higher cortisol levels) that ultimately prevent you from losing weight especially in the midsection.
Cinnamon has the ability to burn fat and to help reduce blood sugar levels. Start adding it to your healthy recipes without adding the calories.
Ciao for now, happy belly fat burning!
Join the event!
Invite your family and friends and let’s start saving ourselves now!
Get up and move!
First attempt at homemade granola was quite successful!
4 cups of oats (use organic if possible)
1 cup of oat bran
1 cup of raw almonds
1 cup of dried cranberries
1/2 cup of buckwheat
1/3 cup of quinoa flakes
2 tablespoons of chia seeds
1 teaspoon of nutmeg
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1 cup pf coconut oil
1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
1 tablespoon of almond extract
1/2 cup of cold black coffee
1 fresh squeezed lemon juice (no seeds please…)
4 tablespoons of honey
4 tablespoons of pancake syrup (all natural of course)
1.Heat the oven to 300 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment. Toss together all of the dry ingredients in a very large bowl.
2. Combine the oil, honey, and vanilla in a saucepan and warm over low heat, stirring, just until the mixture is fluid. Do not let it come to a simmer. Remove from the heat and stir into the dry ingredients. Mix until evenly coated.
3. Spread the granola mixture on the sheet pans in an even layer, leaving a donut hole in the center (for even baking) and bake on the middle and lower racks, without stirring, for 30 to 40 minutes or until golden, rotating the baking pans front to back and top to bottom halfway through. Remove from the heat and allow to cool before breaking up into clumps. Store in well sealed jars, bags or containers.
Mine did not clump to good but it is absolutely delicious and perfect for breakfast or snacking!
Ciao for now!
Follow me Facebook Twitter Instragram
As you all know I am a fitness fanatic, food nazi, retired restaurant manager, French expat but most of all, I am a group fitness instructor and I love every minute of it!
I want to say a big thank you to all of you group fitness instructors out there that inspire me, move me, make me better and encourage me every day!
I enjoy your videos, photos, quotes and more and I know how hard you work!
We all love what we do, we love to inflict pain on other people lol
But most seriously here is the life of a group fitness instructor in a few words:
- We spend 5 to 20 hours per week smashing ourselves on stage for your enjoyment
- We spend countless hours practicing and rehearsing
- We spend tons of hours organizing schedules, buying new music because you want new songs every month, don’t you?
- We drive around all day from class to class and sometimes we can’t remember where we are supposed to be…
- We drive around the country for workshops and events to stay on top of things
- We are always learning new moves and skills to make you better
- We are constantly networking to find new classes and meet new awesome peeps!
- We spend a lot of brain cells trying to remember everybody’s names so please don’t be offended when we call you “hey you”
- We push you like you’ve never been pushed, right?
- We share our love for fitness and well being day and night, we dream about this stuff for real!
- We know all about your family and your life struggles
- We give advice, share recipes, workouts…
- We spend extra time with you at the end of the class when all we feel like is going to bed after working out for hours that day
- We are always smiling even when we don’t feel like it
- We can’t hear anymore because the music is always so loud
- We have no voice 90% of the time because mics are always broken
- We share sweat cells and god know what else with each other when the mic works, ewwwww
- We work when we are sick because we can’t afford not to
- We don’t do it for the money, definitely not!
- We inspire you to be a better you!
- We are tired all the time
- We have barely any time to cook or eat but when we do, watch out!
- We do everything in our cars!
- We come home late and exhausted every night
- We work holidays, days before holidays, days after holidays…
- We worry about you when you are not in class…
So please, do me a favor and next time you see you fitness instructor, just say “thank you” and give them a big hug,it will make their day!
Ciao for now!
Follow me Facebook twitter and instagram